Thursday, January 22, 2009

I didn't know pants had gone out of style.

Apparently, sometime between Monday and today, pants have become optional for women in this city - skirts too, for that matter. Really, anything that covers up the body from the waist down with the exception of a leotard has become a "maybe" instead of a definite.

In the past week, I've seen two women walking around with what could essentially be described as leggings and underwear. I don't understand - aren't they cold? Don't they realize that the word "leotard" has the "tard" in it for a reason? I've tried to capture images on my camera phone, but they never turn out. I'll try harder next time.

The conclusion: Either there has been a rapid influx of New York City women enrolled in dance classes since the new year started, or the sale of mirrors in the tri-state area has fallen drastically.

P.S. To all the Brits out there that read this blog, some clarification: When I say "pants," I mean "trousers." I know how you people work with your "pants" and the horrible meaning the phrase "fanny pack" takes on when you say it. Speaking of fanny packs and fashion, when are we going to bring that trend back?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

waste=waist

Anonymous said...

Waste=waist

Lilly said...

what would a fanny pack look like?