Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Cheese gratin' irony.


I'm not much of a cook, but suddenly I've decided to take the plunge and become one. On Monday, I found a recipe for mac and cheese on the Food Network's web site, and psyched myself up enough to actually go to the store and buy the needed ingredients.

Bitches, I actually GRATED the cheese myself - none of this pre-grated, cheese in a bag bullshit you can buy at the grocery store. And did I make a sauce that required spices? You better believe your paprika and bay leaf I did. And can you believe that I have come down with a damn cold and was only able to taste the first couple of bites due to a stuffed up nose? Well, you better effing believe it. All that effort and only 2.5 seconds of taste. Sonofabitch.

HOWEVER, I think I'll have another chance to taste the outcome of my labor. I was sort of eyeballing the measurements as the recipe was in American ounces and the tools I was working with measured in British metric. In the end, I made enough mac and cheese to last me for at least a week and half, both lunch and dinner.

My next goal? Chili. I've discovered that my roommate has a giant pot that is just perfect for making some sort of beef and bean concoction. ( :: insert fart jokes here :: ).

No comments: