Wednesday, April 23, 2008

100% Guarantee I'll befriend some wild animals.


Hello reader -

As of 4 p.m. Sydney time today, I will be on vacation in the southwest of Australia, specifically Adelaide and Kangaroo Island. Apparently Kangaroo Island is ripe with wild animals, so it is very likely that I will (at least attempt to)domesticate some of them and bring them back with me. I think it's the only way I'll have any friends in this city - if I train some kangaroos, wombats, koalas and seals to hang out with me.

Some of you will be getting postcards. And for the rest, expect some exciting blog posts upon my return. I'm sure the airport will be full of weirdos and one can only hope that I sit next to a fat guy on the plane journey - that ALWAYS give me material to write about.

Ciao!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mary Ann,

Just a quick note to say you'll always have friends once you have visited us on Kangaroo Island!

The little four footed creatures are truly awesome, but some of us humans are pretty easy to get along with too!

Call in to the red and white internet shop in the main street of Kingscote to say g'day if you get a chance. Have a great time in South Australia and especially on Kangaroo Island! Sha

Mary Ann said...

I wish I had read your comment earlier - I totally would have popped in to say hello! I had an AMAZING time on Kangaroo Island - probably one of the best vacations I've ever had. I'll be posting my photos on my Facebook page and maybe a few on the blog, so keep your eyes peeled!