Thursday, January 31, 2008

Giraffes hate encyclopedias, or at least encyclopedias from 1976 (originally posted December 31, 2005)

i just arrived back in New York City after an 8 day siesta in Oklahoma City. It was great seeing my family and catching up with some old friends (Fluff and Stevo...holla). But alas, I am sitting in my apartment, losing my vision from lack of sleep and wishing I could clear my mind enough to fall asleep.

I had a dream last night that I was put in charge of the New York Public Library. And on my first day, a rampaging giraffe made it's way into the library, and before I could stop it, the giraffe ate almost every book the library had on the shelf, with the exception of a few Encyclopedias from 1976. I woke up distressed and confused, but more distressed because I was actually confused by my dream. I take the whole incident as meaning I need to get my act together, but I guessI don't need a giraffe destroying the New York Public Library to tell me that. David Copperfield was in the dream too, but he was just reading a book as the giraffe wreaked havoc. I don't know why I remember the Copperfield, but he was definitely there, in the dream that is, and I'm somewhat certain he was reading a book about squirrels in California that carry the plague virus.

So 2006 is less than 24 hours away at this point, and I have to say that I'm actually excited, only becaus 2005 has been a bit of a shit year, and I am exceedingly more eager every passing second to see it end. 2006 is getting started off on a rather odd note, neither good nor bad. I feel that every facet of my life is in limbo. I'm neither here nor there. Normal situations can not be defined, and I'm too apprehensive to try to define them.

No comments: