Monday, January 28, 2008

You need to sit down for this.

I think if you ask any of my friends the following question, they would laugh in your face and say "Are you insane? Lord no!"

That question is "Would Mary Ann ever go hiking?"

Well folks, you are going to want to sit down for what I'm about to tell you. Are you sitting? Good. Okay, here it goes: I went hiking on Saturday. I'll let the initial shock waves past before I go on.

On Saturday, I did the Spit to Manly walk which took over three hours. And portions of it were uphill. That's right. Uphill. And I didn't complain once. Well, complain out loud. I probably mentally bitched more than I have ever bitched in my entire life, but as long as no one else hears it it doesn't really count.

As a result, I still have shin splints three days later, but I feel "healthy." Will I ever hike again? Probably not. But I'm breaking down barriers people. Granted, I'm rebuilding same barriers three days later, but still. Did I say part of the hike was uphill? Did I mention that already?

I know I keep promising photos, and I swear they are coming. I just need to get Internet access on my laptop at home. Soon.

No comments: